Day Before Surgery
We will call you the day before your child's surgery to confirm the procedure and provide instructions
For the safety of your child, it is required that he/she does not consume food or liquids after midnight. However, if their surgery check-in time is after 11am, your child may eat/drink clear liquids as indicated by the NPO guidelines. (please refer to NPO Instructions)
- Your child's prescription medications should be taken as scheduled with water or apple juice up to 3 hours before their procedure, unless previously directed by your child's anesthesiologist.
- If your child is currently taking a prescription blood thinner on a regular basis, please contact your prescribing doctor for further instructions.
- Do not have your child take any diabetic medicine the day of surgery. Please make sure to bring their diabetic medication and blood sugar measuring device with you.
- If your child has asthma and uses an inhaler/nebulizer, please bring the device with you the day of surgery.
- Please provide us with an accurate list of your child's daily medications. If you have any questions about which medications your child may or may not take the day of their procedure, please contact our Speciality Services Coordinator
- If your child experiences any health changes, such as an elevated temperature, cough, or other health-related problems, please notify our office immediately.