Prior to Surgery
Daily Vitamin C is recommended for a couple of weeks prior to surgery (if possible)
If you child experiences any health changes, such as an elevated temperature, cough, or other health-related problems, please notify our office immediately.
- No food or liquids, including water, should be ingested for at least 8 hours prior to your child's appointment time. This includes chewing gum & hard candy.
- Prescribed medications can be taken with a small sip of water THREE hours prior. If you have any questions about this, please reach out to our team. Failure to comply with these instructions could result in your appointment having to be cancelled and referred out.
- Your child should wear comfortable clothing. Keeping in mind that they may get wet or dirty. Shirt sleeves should be short or easily rolled up past the elbow for the IV insertion.
- Please have your child wear glasses (NO CONTACT LENSES) to their appointment they're needed.
- Jewelry should not be worn the day of surgery.
- No dark fingernail polish should be worn on fingernails to allow proper readings from our equipment. If necessary, an artificial nail may be reduced or removed.
- Patient will not be able to drive home after the appointment. A responsible adults NEEDS to accompany patient to the appointment, remain in the office during the procedure and be available to drive patient home along with caring for them for 24 hours after the procedure.
- We ask that public transportation not be utilized on the day of surgery. If needed, please reach out to our staff and we may assist with alternative transportation.